Okay! Part 1 of these high-energy, caffeinated snack recipes was such a success that I give you part 2! Just like the recipes from part 1, these are guaranteed to give you that extra jolt of energy and deliciousness. From Matcha Paradise Fudge to Coffee Fission Balls, you will not be able to stop yourself. Without further ado, here are my recommendations.
Matcha Paradise Fudge
Ah, matcha fudge paradise, where have you been all my life? I just came into this recipe recently and what can I say other than it’s like a chocolate, Japanese Valhalla in your mouth. The recipe is fairly simple and you’ll get dual energy from chocolate and matcha, so that you’ll be talking in stream of consciousness in no time (like me!):
- 1/2 cup of whipping cream
- 2 1/2 cups of white chocolate baking chips
- 5 tbsp of matcha
- 8″ baking pan lined with parchment paper
- Add the whipping cream to a saucepan at low heat.
- Whisk it continuously to prevent the cream from burning.
- Lower the heat once the cream begins simmering, but keep whisking.
- Turn off the range once the cream comes to a gentle boil and pour the cream into the bowl of the white chocolate baking chips.
- Make sure that all of the chocolate is covered by the hot cream and then let it sit for 60 seconds.
- The chocolate should then be melted. Begin whisking it in the bowl to mix the cream and chocolate.
- Add the matcha and whisk until the matcha is fully integrated with no clumps to make sure that the fudge will be smooth.
- Pour the mix into an eight inch by eight-inch pan lined with parchment paper
- Spread the mix around by tilting the pan until evenly distributed.
- Tap the pan on the counter gently to eliminate air bubbles. Then use a toothpick to pop any visible air bubbles on the surface.
- Repeat the prior step to ensure that the fudge will be smooth.
- Wrap the pan with cling wrap and refrigerate it for four (4) hours.
- Once the fudge is hard, remove it from the tin and cut it into pieces.
- Chow down! Nom, nom, nom.
Coffee Fission Balls
Providing for the world’s energy needs, or at least yours, coffee fission balls are delicious clean energy, high in caffeine and antioxidants. These compact balls of goodness pack a wallop and they are super easy to make. Just get the ingredients and you are most of the way there.
- 1 ¾ cup old fashioned oats slightly broken down in the blender
- ½ cup raw honey
- 1 cup all-natural, creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp of acai powder
- 3 tbsp finely ground coffee
- Mix the oats, acai power, and coffee grounds in a bowl until they are fully blended.
- Add the honey and peanut butter to the bowl and mix them with the dry ingredients until it is all well blended and a dough results.
- Form the dough into balls using a 2” cookie scoop.
- Place the balls onto the parchment paper of a cookie sheet and place the sheet into the refrigerator for 1.5 hours.
- Then, go to town!
Lapsang Souchong Blackberry Scones
While these scones are not as high in caffeine as the other recipes, they’re just flat-out delicious. If you’re going to make scones, you might as well make them lapsang souchong blackberry scones, because let’s face it, life’s short and these smoky, blackberry scones are unbelievable! Unlike scaling Everest, scaling your taste buds with these badass scones is an easy addition to your bucket list. Here’s my recipe:
- 4 tbsp of blackberry juice
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 ½ tsp of baking powder
- 2 tsp brewed Lapsang Souchong leaves
- ⅓ cup of sugar
- 8 tbsp of frozen butter
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- Place the flour, baking powder, and sugar in a bowl.
- Add the brewed Lapsang Souchong leaves to the bowl.
- Add the frozen butter by grating it and gently folding it into the mixture until fully incorporated.
- Add the blackberry juice and cream to the bowl.
- Fold everything together with a rubber spatula until the dough is complete.
- Form the dough into a log, cut it into square, and then cut and shape the squares into triangles.
- Place the triangles onto a sheet of parchment paper lining a baking sheet.
- Bake for 13-16 minutes at 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the scones, let them cool and serve them up (jam and frosting optional)!