Just because you can’t have gluten doesn’t mean your dinner has to be bland and boring. The following recipe is one of my favorite gluten-free dinner recipes for getting the very best in flavors out of a healthy, gluten-free diet. If you thought a gluten-free diet was going to be a drag, think again. For those of you who are not even on a gluten-free diet, it doesn’t matter, this dish is a mouth-watering foray into deliciousness.
Greek Citrus Chicken
Greek Citrus Chicken
This is my favorite all-around recipe and it happens to be gluten-free. If you love citrus and garlic, then you’ve hit the jackpot in this recipe. To make it easy for weeknight dinners, this recipe utilizes a ready-made roasted chicken and roasted potatoes, but if you have more time, you can easily roast a fresh, whole chicken and potatoes from scratch. For those of us short on time, here’s how to embark on this culinary odyssey:
- 1 roasted chicken (with legs, wings, and thighs separated, and breast cut in to one-inch pieces, leaving bones intact)
- 2 lemons (cut into wedges)
- 12 tsp of minced garlic
- 2 round-sliced sections of purple onion
- Virgin olive oil (as needed)
- ReaLemon Lemon Juice (as needed)- this is available at most markets in the juice section
- 1 tsp of garlic flakes
- Thyme (as needed)
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- Paprika (as needed)
- Roasted potatoes or waffle potato fries (as preferred)
- 10 kalamata olives (pitted)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lay the chicken pieces on one side of a large cooking tray lined with parchment paper and the roasted potatoes or waffle potato fries on the other side spread flat.
- Spritz/baste the chicken and roasted potatoes or potato fries with virgin olive oil as needed to cover their surfaces completely.
- Cut the purple onion sections into fourths and place the fourths on and between the chicken diffusely (on and in between chicken pieces)
- Take 9 tbsp of minced garlic and cover the chicken all over its surface.
- Evenly distribute the remaining 3 tbsp of the minced garlic all over the potatoes.
- Squeeze the lemon wedges over the chicken and lay the squeezed lemon wedges on top of the chicken pieces diffusely.
- Sprinkle one tsp of the garlic flakes over the chicken and potatoes (roasted or waffle fries)
- Sprinkle thyme over the chicken and potatoes (roasted or waffle fries) so that the thyme is pervasively on the surfaces, but not overdone.
- Squirt ReaLemon juice over the chicken and potatoes, so that the surfaces all have some of it on them (but so that there is not a large collection/puddle at the bottom of the tray).
- Shake paprika on the chicken and potatoes (roasted or waffle fries) so that the surfaces of the chicken and potatoes are covered in it (but not overdone).
- Drip a little more ReaLemon juice over the chicken sparingly so that a little bit of the thyme and paprika displace on the pieces, but mostly stays intact.
- Grind a ¼ tsp of pepper diffusely over the chicken.
- Place 10 kalamata olives (pitted) diffusely on the chicken.
- Place the tray in the preheated (425 degrees Fahrenheit) oven and let it cook for about 40 minutes.
- Remove the tray, and serve up your feast!
Mind the bones when consuming. Bon Appetit!
Did you enjoy this recipe?
Feel free to let us know in the comments below. Cheers!